Please note javascript is required for full website functionality.


21 June, 2021

Classy home-turf win in Colts comp

THE Tweed Seagulls took the kickoff for the Round Eight match at BB Print Stadium against the Cutters who took the ball and headed straight down the field.

The Cutters were first to add points to the board with Flynn Camilleri crossing in the first three minutes of the game. However, the conversion was unsuccessful.

The Gulls kept the Cutters on their toes testing their defences pushing closer and closer for a try with the team managing to keep the visiting team at bay.

Until Klese Haas managed to find a way through the Cutters’ defence and slipping across the white line, putting the seagulls on the board in the 17thminute.

This was followed by Cooper Many’s crossing in the twenty-second minute; their offence paying off with Tyler Han taking the conversion to bring the score to 10-4 in favour of the Seagulls.

Tyler Holmes answered back for the cutters going over the line as the clock ran down in the dying minutes of the first half of the game with Rayden Burns making the conversion.

The scores were all tied up at 10-a-piece heading in to half-time.

Not long after the re-start of play, the Cutters were over again with Henry Head taking the ball over the white line with a conversion by Henri Stocks.

Henri Stocks not satisfied to just make conversions he took the ball over the white line himself seven minutes later converting his own try bringing the score 20-10.

the Cutters Henri taking a kick again it was good straight between the posts.

Morgan McWhirter was over the line for the Cutters in the fifty-fourth minute with another successful conversion from Henri.

The Gulls, not satisfied to let the Cutters gain another try, saw Charlie Murray going over with a successful conversion by Jaylan De Groot bring the score 28-16.

In the sixty-fourth minute Jed Edwards was sin-binned for a high tackle which led to a penalty shot for the Cutters’ Henri Stocks, who took the kick, bringing the score to 30-16.

The Cutters took out the final try in the seventy-sixth minute by Rayden Bruns with the final conversion made by Henri Stocks.

The final score was 36-16, and the Cutters notched up another classy win on home turf.

Most Popular